Date(s) - 10/10/2018
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Overcome Your Sleep Challenges!
Take charge of your sleep today!
Remember when you were a kid you had a bedtime routine that would start around the same time every night? We call it sleep training, and I often wonder, why do we stop doing that when we become adults?
Sleep is one of the cornerstones of health.
Sleep is needed to help you clear the day mentally, to help you heal physically and to help you grow when you’re a kid/teen. If you go without sleep for days at a time, the organs in your body will begin to shut down and you can eventually die. Sleep deprivation is no joke, there’s a reason it’s used as a form of torture in some countries and by most toddlers.
Yet the average North American is constantly trying to get less and less sleep to fit more and more in their day. 7-8 hours is recommended for the average adult. Yet 40% of North Americans are only averaging 6 hours of sleep a night while the other 60% average 6.8 hours a night.* I know there’s a rumour that you can just “catch up on sleep” on the weekend, but it doesn’t really work like that. There are times where we need more sleep than other times, but if we keep depriving our bodies of 1-4 hours of sleep a night, it definitely begins to wear on the body. No wonder sickness is running rampant around us! I read an article in Forbes Magazine that said:
This trend [of sleeping less] poses many health risks. A host of studies and reports has linked insufficient sleep to depression, ADHD, obesity, Type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer, and Alzheimer’s. Back in 2014, the CDC labeled sleep deprivation a public health epidemic—with over 70 million adults suffering from a sleep disorder. Sleeplessness is also connected to other severe consequences: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that drowsy driving causes 1,550 deaths and 40,000 injuries annually in the United States.
In our North American culture we tend to prize being busy rather than taking care of ourselves, and from the above-mentioned studies, you can see that sleep isn’t an exception. We are chronically tired and have accepted lies like “everyone is tired”, “I just don’t have time for it.” “I’ll be more successful if I can sleep less” etc…
What will I get from this class?
Join this class to learn about natural solutions to calm an overactive mind, to signal your body that it’s time to rest, to get a deeper sleep, and to stop waking up at 3am! Learn life-hacks for making your bedroom a place where sleep comes naturally, and tips on how to help with hormonal problems like night-sweats too!
Click on the sign-up button below to hold your spot. There are only 8 spots per class and if you need to start getting a better sleep, this class is for you!
Date: Wednesday, October 10 @ 7:00pm
Location: Online! Join from the comfort of your own home! We use Zoom for the video call, a free app/download on your phone or laptop. I’ll send you the link via e-mail before the event.