DIY Natural Foaming Hand Soap & Dish Soap with Essential Oils
Today I want to teach you how to DIY your own natural foaming hand soap and dish soap. Don’t worry, it’s SUPER EASY and BUDGET FRIENDLY. In fact I can guarantee you that you will save anywhere from $5.50-$10 per bottle of foaming hand soap you make (prices vary depending on what kind of foaming hand soap you would normally buy). I ran out of my natural foaming hand soap this month, and while I wait for it to come in, I thought I’d find out if I could make my own natural foaming hand soap. To my surprise, not only could I (it’s SO EASY) but I also learned that I could make my own natural dish soap too! So let’s save some money and keep our health up with these awesome all natural products!
Disclosure: I get a small commission whenever you purchase doTERRA products using my link. I will never recommend a product unless I truly believe that it is amazing and useful.
A couple of quick notes: the doTERRA On Guard Cleaner Concentrate that you’ll need to make your own Natural Foaming Hand Soap and Dish Soap is on sale this month, 15% off! I stocked up on 3 of them because I use it so much. The link to get your own is below in the “cost effective section”
In order to make your own Natural Foaming Hand Wash, you’ll need to either have some On Guard Cleaner Concentrate on hand, or natural dish soap that you made with the on guard cleaner concentrate, or you’ll need an all natural dish soap that you can purchase ready-made. If I’m not making my own dish soap, I use Eco Max Dish Soap, it’s by far the most natural and nice smelling soap I could find. You can get it on Amazon or at Sobeys/Super Store, but it’s more cost effective on Amazon as an “add on” item.
Tip: if you’re looking for a natural product, make sure there is no Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in it, that stuff is not good for you!
Is It Actually Cost Effective to Make My Own Dish Soap and Natural Foaming Hand Wash?
With one bottle of Doterra On Guard Cleaner Concentrate you can make eight 4L jugs of dish soap. At $15.72 per bottle of cleaner concentrate (because it’s 15% off right now) that’s only $1.97 for a 4L jug of dish soap! WHAT?! That’s a lot of dish soap! It’s equivalent to 5.4 regular dish soap bottles. So you’re getting just over 5 dish soap bottles for only $1.97 a bottle!
With one 4L jug of dish soap, you can make 135 bottles of natural foaming hand wash bottles! That means it costs you .02c to make a natural foaming hand wash bottle.
If you decide to add an Organic Fractionated Coconut Oil and Wild Orange and/or Lavender essential oils to your hand soap, it will cost you $1.39 per bottle of natural foaming hand soap that you make on your own. The average organic, natural foaming hand soap usually costs around $7-12 a bottle! That’s huge savings!
If you wanted to make your own hand soap with the fractionated coconut oil, the essential oils and the natural dish soap that you purchased either on Amazon for $3.99 or at the store for $5.99, it will cost around $1.45-$1.49 for each natural foaming hand wash bottle that you make. Not a huge cost difference there when you compare making your own dish soap. So it’s completely up to you!
The cost savings comes with making your own Natural Foaming Hand Wash, using natural dish soap of some kind. Whether you make that yourself or buy it online or at the store, you’ll still be saving $5.50-$10.50 a bottle depending on the kind you normally get! Not bad, right?
If you want an additional 25% off of each item, simply go to this link and get your membership for $42 (click on the “enrollment with doterra booklet” That’s the membership), then add the following items to your cart and check out. You’ll get everything you purchase from doterra for 25% off for a whole year. No minimum/maximum purchases required.
With the following items you will be able to make 43 bottles of natural dish soap, and 135 bottles of natural foaming hand soap. Go to this link if you’d like to buy at retail price, and add the following to your cart:
- 1x On Guard Cleaner Concentrate (15% off this month) w/ Membership: $15.72 Retail: $20.96
- 2x Natural Foaming Hand Soap Dispensers w/ Membership: $2.50 each. Retail: $3.33 Each
- 1x 15ml Wild Orange Essential oil: w/ Membership: $12.75 Retail: $17.00
- 1x 15 ml Lavender Essential Oil: w/ Membership: $29.50 Retail: $39.33
Total: w/ Membership: $60.47 + $42 = $102.47 (1.70 a bottle – not including FCO yet) Retail: $80.62 ($1.34 a bottle – not including FCO yet)
Then head to Amazon and get the Organic Fractionated Coconut Oil (FCO) and the Eco Max Dish soap if you’re interested in purchasing that as well (links above)
DIY Step By Step:How to Make Your Own Natural Dish Soap
- Purchase On Guard Cleaner Concentrate following details above- (It’s 15% off for the month of June)
- Fill a 4L/1-gallon jug with distilled water or tap water
- Put 2 tablespoons of doTERRA’s On Guard Cleaner Concentrate in it
- Put the lid on and Shake it up gently.
- Distribute the mixture into a glass hand pump jar to use as a dish soap dispenser by the sink, and put the remainder in glass mason jars for storage. Make sure to label them! I recommend putting parchment paper over the top of the jar, then put the lid on the mason jar so the lids don’t get rusty.
- Refill glass hand pump jars as needed with your homemade dish soap!
p.s. the reason I recommend using/storing in a glass container is to ensure the essential oils in the product don’t leach bad chemicals from the plastic.
DIY Step By Step: How to DIY Your Own Natural Foaming Hand Soap:
- Get an 8 oz Natural Foaming Hand Soap Dispenser -I get mine from doTERRA (see shopping list above). They are plastic, but there are no BPA’s in the plastic so they are safe to use (BPA’s are the bad stuff often found in plastic that can leach into your products and make your sick).
- Fill your 8oz natural foaming hand soap dispenser 3/4 full with distilled water
- Put 2 tablespoons of your homemade dish soap in it, OR 2 TBSP of natural dish soap OR 1 TSP of On Guard Cleaning Concentrate
- Add 10 drops of essential oils that you like (I used 5 drops of citrus smelling oils like Wild Orange or Citrus Bliss and 5 drops of peppermint or lavender)
- Add 1 TBSP of Organic Fractionated Coconut Oil (it needs to be fractionated so it stays liquid at all temperatures). Doterra has a phenomenal fractionated coconut oil that I recommend. However, there are more budget-friendly options on amazon as well (linked above).
- Top up the bottle with distilled water, make sure before you do, that the lid will fit inside no problem without spilling over.
Gently shake, and use! YAY!
Want to Replace 80% of Your Medicine Cabinet with all Natural Options?
To get your own set of oils so you can make this recipe and SO MUCH MORE, go to the link below and choose a starter pack. You’ll want to get the top 10 oils so you can replace over 80% of your medicine cabinet! It comes with a free membership giving you 25% off all you buy in a year. Once you get your pack I’ll go through it with you to teach you how to use each of your oils! http://www.ruthpreston.com/essential-oils/getting-started/
This month (June 2019) you will get 3 FREE OILS with the Home Essentials or Natural Solutions Kits.
Watch this video to learn what these oils do and how to use them!
Never Miss a Post
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.